Started in 1994 by Mark Reynier, Simon Coughlin and Gordon Wright, and since 2000 also the owners of Bruichladdich, which was sold in 2012. Aceo ltd. bought Murray McDavid in 2013 and a year later, the home on the site of the former Coleburn distillery in the heart of Speyside. One of the first companies to use a variety of interesting casks to complete the maturation process to perfection. Coleburn's traditional Victorian dunnage warehouses hold thousands of casks of whisky from over ninety different distilleries. They bottle only the best in six different categories:
- Mission Gold: Old and rare whiskies
- Benchmark: Whiskies matured to perfection
- Mystery Malt: Whiskies to puzzle and amaze
- Select Grain: Rare Grain Whiskies
- The vatting: Top single malts blended to perfection
- Crafted Blend: Combination of beautiful single malt and grain whiskies.
All whiskies are carefully selected to emphasize the art of maturation and blending.